Love Shaker Cards? I am so excited to share this adorable shaker card with you and there’s a video below that’s posted on my Youtube channel that will give you a visual. Which one do you like better?
- Cut a piece of Real Red Cardstock in half, score at 4-1/4″, fold and burnish with a Bone Folder.
- Cut a piece of Garden Green Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 5″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Using the Big Shot, run the piece of Whisper White Cardstock through with the tree die cut.
- Run the piece of Whisper White Cardstock through the Big Shot again with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. You can do this step before die cutting with the tree if you wish.
- Stamp the tree using Garden Green Ink on the Garden Green Cardstock. Eyeball to get in the spot that will be under the cut out tree.
- Attach a piece of Window Sheet on the Whisper White Cardstock behind the tree using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Don’t go too close to the tree with the glue.
- Attach the Foam Adhesive Strips to the Window Sheet to form the shaker.
- Foam Adhesive Strips and Dimensionals have different depths. Add pieces of Foam Adhesive Strips to the back of the shaker piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Run the Embossing Buddy over the piece of Window Sheet and Garden Green cardstock to reduce static before adding the Mica Flakes. Use your choice of Mica – green, white or gold.
- Peel off the backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips and place this piece over the Garden Green cardstock, press down. Give it a little shake–this makes me happy!
- Santa – yes, there is a Santa stamp but I had a few of the Eskimo’s left over so I used them. Stamp this on Whisper White Cardstock and punch out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.
- Color with markers: Real Red, Smoky Slate and Basic Back.
- Stamp the Santa face from the Jolly Friends stamp set and Archival Black on Whisper White. Fussy cut the face out.
- I used the discontinued Blendabilities marker for the face, you could substitute Copics, any other alcohol marker OR watercolor a little Blushing Bride over the face.
- Using Red Glimmer Paper, punch out the Santa hat.
- Cut four pompoms from the Whisper White Mini Pompom trim, taper in both ends.
- On the back of the hat at the bottom, run a strip of Fast Fuse, Tear & Tape or Snail and attach the pompoms.
- Snip off one pompom, attach to a glue dot and attach to the tip of the hat.
- Attach this to the Santa face with Dimensionals and put double dimensional at the top of the hat so it will be even when attached to the card.
- Attach the Santa face to the body with Dimensionals.
- On the Happy Christmas to All card, I used Dimensionals to attach to the card and on the other, I attached Santa to the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. How cute is that!!!
- Happy Christmas – Trim a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock, dove tail the ends with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Rub with the Embossing Buddy. Stamp with VersaMark and cover with Glitter Stampin’ Emboss Powder in Real Red. Heat set.
- Attach to the card with Dimensionals.
- HO HO HO – Mold the photopolymer stamp into a curve to match the Duet Banner Punch. Rub a scrap piece of Whisper White with the Embossing Buddy, stamp with VersaMark and cover with Glitter Stampin’ Emboss Powder in Real Red. Heat Set.
- Punch with the Duet Banner Punch.
- Punch a scrap piece of Real Red with the Duet Banner Punch.
- Offset a little and attach the HO HO HO to the Real Red piece with Dimensionals.
- Attach this to the card with Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 4″ x 5-1/4″.
- Stamp a sentiment using Real Red Ink.
- Adhere a piece of your choice of washi tape to the bottom and then attach to the inside of your card.
Need a visual?