The inspiration and CASE (copy and selectively edit) for the card Ethereal Nights came from the wonderful and talented Lydia Fielder at Understand Blue…to say that she’s amazingly talented is an understatement and I get to call her my friend!
I made my first ever voice over video and the link is below. Who knew that turning a line art stamp into an illuminated image would be such a fun process. The stamp set is Magical Day from Stampin Up and all instructions, links and products used in this video are listed at the bottom of this post.
- Magical Day Stamp Set
- Yay You Hostess Stamp Set
- Classic Stampin’ Pads: Lemon Lime Twist, Tempting Turquoise, Tranquil Tide and Night of Navy
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Craft Stampin’ Pad in Whisper White Pigment Ink
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock 4-1/4 x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black Cardstock 4 x 5-1/4″
- Shimmery White Cardstock 3-7/8 x 5-1/8″
- Glitter Enamel Dots
- Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue
- Sponges for four colors. HINT: Buy these great sponges from SU, then cut into four pieces, staple a piece of cardstock on the end and write the name of the ink. Keep them in a baggie and they are ready for your next project!
- Stamperatus or Misti
- Avery Removeable ID Labels 8.5 x 11″ #6465 Cut into four pieces of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2″
- With a circle die, die cut a half circle piece out of the bottom of the label. If you don’t have a circle die to cut the half circle, then use a round object, trace a half circle at the bottom of the label and cut it out with scissors. Both parts will be used as masks.
- 1-1/2″ Circle Punch–punch out of the top of the label and this is the mask for the circle “planet”
- Fine Black Sharpie
- Copic Black Marker, Spectrum Noir Marker or Regular Black Sharpie
- Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen
- PrismaColor Premier White Coloring Pencil PC938
- Avery removable ID labels work perfectly for this card. Cut a semi-circle out for the large planet at the bottom and both pieces will be used. Be sure to leave a little piece of label on each side of the half circle to adhere to the shimmery white cardstock. Punch the circle out near the top of the piece of label paper.
- Place the top part of the label on the shimmery white cardstock so that the semi-circle is ready to sponge and the two edges are covered.
- Begin sponging with Lemon Lime Twist on scrap paper and move around the semi-circle. In my original, I used Tempting Turquoise next but in the video, I used Tranquil Tide. Either will work but Tranquil Tide in the sky will give it a slightly different look.
- Remove the top part of the label and attach the semi-circle just a wee bit inside of the planet. Do this so that you won’t have a stark white line showing up after sponging in the sky.
- Start the sky with either Tempting Turquoise or Tranquil Tide. Always starting off of the main cardstock on the scrap paper. This will deposit the color on the scrap before you move around the cardstock.
- Leave a slight softer ring around the round planet to give a little glow. See photo.
- I used my Stamperatus and I love it! I also love my Misti! If you don’t have either, use a large block and position the dragon and the wizard with their “feet” on the planet. We all know dragons can fly but this one is grounded next to the wizard. Stamp using Memento Black Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment in the circle using Memento Black Ink.
- Color in the thin parts of the wizard and dragon with a fine point black sharpie and remember to do the spines.
- Fill in the rest of the wizard and dragon. I used a Spectrum Noir alcohol marker but you can use a Copic or a sharpie.
- Create shadows using a very light grey marker. I used an Ice Grey Spectrum Noir marker.
- Make a few scratch detail lines over the wizard and dragon using a unibal Signo gel pen in White to give a few highlights. I didn’t like the flat black so a few highlights brought it to life.
- Trace around the wizard and dragon using a white pencil. I used a PrismaColor White #PC938. I cleaned up around them a bit with a coloring tool. Erase as needed.
- Stamp the stars form the same set using Whisper White Craft Ink
- Add a crystal ball/orb to the wizards hand! It’s a Glitter Enamel Dot!
- Mount this on Basic Black Cardstock and then on the card.
Watch the video to see how I made the card…PLUS see the stamparatus!
Sale-A-Bration ENDS on March 31, 2018 and ALL of those freebies that are available will be gone. Take advantage and SHOP now! If you don’t have a Demonstrator, it goes without saying that I would love to be yours!
If you want to become a Demonstrator do so NOW so that you can take advantage of the extras during Sale-A-Bration and get two free stamp sets with your kit. Contact me to find out how!
Stampin’ Up Supplies used in this project are listed below…click to shop!