Retro Sketch Challenge RS207 and Create with Connie & Mary Color Challenge CCMC398
- Watermelon Wonder Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 4-1/4″, 3-1/4″ x 4″
- Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″ Watermelon Wonder and Mossy Meadow pattern with hearts
- Birthday Bouquet DSP 5-1/4″ x 2″ Mossy Meadow dot pattern
- Blushing Bride Cardstock 3-7/8″ x 2-3/4″
- Neutrals Designer Series Paper Soft Suede writing 2-1/4″ x 2″
- Whisper White Cardstock scraps for sentiment and cake stand. A 5-1/4″ x 4″ piece for the inside.
Supplies Used (see below for shopping supply list):
- Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad
- Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad
- Watermelon Wonder Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Blushing Bride Cardstock
- Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper
- Neutrals Designer Series Paper
- Build a Birthday Stamp Set
- Timeless Love Stamp Set
- Dots for Days Stamp
- Watermelon Wonder 1″ Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Linen Thread
- Fold the Watermelon Wonder Cardstock in half with a Bone Folder.
- Run a short strip of Snail behind the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Birthday Bouquet DSP at the position you will adhere the Watermelon Wonder Stitched Satin Ribbon.
- Turn DSP around and adhere the Watermelon Wonder Ribbon to the DSP.
- Wrap the Linen Thread around the DSP and ribbon and secure with a knot, tie a bow.
- Adhere the piece of Blushing Bride to the Watermelon Wonder piece of cardstock and set aside.
- Stamp Happy Anniversary in Watermelon Wonder Stampin’ Ink on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock. Cut out to look like it is icing dripping over the cake. Use a Sponge Dauber and Watermelon Wonder Stampin’ Ink and go over the edges to give the piece color and dimension.
- Use the “Kiss method” for the cake stand. Ink up the Dots for Days Stamp with Soft Suede and take the cake stand stamp and press it on the dots stamp. You will notice the dot pattern on the cake stand stamp. Stamp this on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Fussy cut the cake stand.
- Adhere the cake stand to the Blushing Bride Cardstock with Dimensionals. Use Wink of Stella to highlight the stand.
- Adhere the “cake” DSP word piece at the top of the cakestand with Snail.
- Adhere the Happy Anniversary sentiment piece to the top of the cake with Dimensionals.
- Attach three sizes of Rhinestones to the piece of Blushing Bride in the top left corner.
- Attach a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to the inside and stamp the sentiment of your choice.
Supply List for Shopping:
Very fun use of patterns and love the greeting on the “frosting” of the cake! Too fun! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge last week on Create with Connie and Mary!
Thank you…I love playing along.
What a FUN anniversary card! I LOVE the card you made and the mixture of the dsp! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!
Your card is so cool with all the funky patterns! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!
Thanks so much!
Love how you used the DSP. Great job mixing and matching the patterns. Thank you for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary challenge.
Thank you Sharon. I was remembering the gorgeous mix and match patterns in my daughters clothes when she was young. I loved mixing!
What a fabulous cake – so creative and festive! I love the mix of papers and textures! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!
What a fun mix of papers and patterns – your card – and cake! – are a visual feast! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!
I love your choice of words for the description…it was meant to be a fun mix.
I really like that you created your own cake for this card! Very clever use of scraps of paper! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!
Yay! Thanks Lisa, I love the words on the paper and they go great with the Happy Anniversary.