Hi there Stampers! I wanted to show you a simple layout today that you can change up easily. What can you change? Well, the color of the cardstock, the Designer Series Paper, the sentiment, the embossing folder, ink colors, ribbon, embellishments…wow so much and I’m sure you can think of more! I’m trying to show you that when you look at a card design that you like on someone’s BLOG, Pinterest or anywhere…like at Papyrus for example ;)–look at the design and how you can make it your own. Change up one element or a few and you’ve got a different card. We call it CASE, Copy And Share Everything or Copy And Selectively Edit. So they next time you’re walking through the grocery store or card shop and you are looking at cards, snap a photo of your favorite and CASE one of your own. You’ll be surprised at what gets your creative juices flowing.
This card used the same formula for the layout, the cardstock, sentiment and ribbon was changed. I love the inside sentiment “we’ll weather this together”. Wink of Stella was used over the flowers.
These cards have a monochromatic look, gives an elegant appeal for a celebration. The Soft Sky card uses Sale-A-Bration ribbon and a different paper from the Falling in Love Designer Series Paper plus the gorgeous Falling in Love Embellishment (card candy). Pearls are a lovely addition but you could change it up and add rhinestones.
- From an 8-1/2 x 11″ piece of cardstock, cut 4-1/4 x 11″ and score at 5-1/2″. I used Soft Sky and Blushing Bride.
- From scraps of Very Vanilla or Whisper White cut a piece 1-1/4 x 3-1/2″ for the sentiment.
- From an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock, cut 4 pieces 4 x 5-1/4″.
- Take a 12 x 12″ piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP), I used Falling in Love, and cut a 4 x 12″ piece. Cut this piece in 2″ intervals and you will have 6 pieces. One of the many great things about DSP is the fact that it has two sides…oh the possibilities!
- Ribbon – your choice of color and kind but cut it a little more than 4-1/4″ to adhere to the cardstock.
- The interior cardstock measures 4 x 5-1/4″, use Whisper White or Very Vanilla.
How to for the closeup photo? You will apply the same technique for all of the cards.
- It is your choice whether to stamp or emboss with an embossing folder first. I did it both ways and it works.
- Stamp the flower from the So in Love Stamp Set using Soft Sky Ink on the Soft Sky 4 x 5-1/4″ piece of cardstock..
- Emboss with the Falling Petals Textured Empressions Embossing Folder.
- Attach to the card base using Fast Fuse or your choice of adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment on the scrap piece of cardstock and use a sponge dauber and the same ink to go over the edges. Adds depth.
- For the Ribbon, run two strips over the back edges of the DSP and bring the ribbon across the front and attach to the back.
- Attach the DSP piece to the card base using your choice of adhesive.
- Run a little snail over the back of sentiment piece. Run the Metallic Thread over your four fingers 5 to 6 times, snip off and arrange over the snail until you are happy with the look.
- Put dimensional over the back of the sentiment piece and attach to the card base over the ribbon.
- Stamp whatever you want on the inside piece of cardstock and attach to the interior.
I hope that you can see the possibilities are endless with a simple layout. See what you can do and change for your cards.
Happy Stamping! xo Carole Anne
If you don’t have a Demonstrator, I would love to be yours or join my Paper Diva’s Crew and stamp along with us. WE are growing! Please leave a comment below as I’ll be giving away three of these cards to one lucky person when the names go into a draw. Remember it’s Sale-A-Bration time and if you place a $50 order, you get your choice of something free from the SAB Catalog…win win. Plus, for every $50 you spend with me gets you closer to spending $250 and earning a free $25 purchase from me!
I have made a YouTube video for this card, click here to see the video.