I decided to enter this card into the Paper Players Color Challenge PP270. At the bottom of the post, you can see the original design in Cherry Cobbler.
I attended a stamping retreat in beautiful Lake Tahoe over the weekend with four other demonstrators–we had a wonderful and creative few days and nights. My friend Sharon Tong-Robinson gave the instructions for this fabulous card. I took it one step further and added my twist of a glittering silver frame and embossed the front of the card.
- The base is Basic Black Cardstock is 8.5 x 5.5 and scored at 4.25, Whisper White Cardstock is 6.5 x 5.25 and scored at 2, 4, and 6 inches.
- After I scored the Whisper White Cardstock, using my Paper Snips, I snipped the narrow .25 scored side by going in .25 on each edge and trimming off the middle piece. This leaves a small piece on each edge to glue to the card (later). Fan fold this piece and put it aside.
- Using the Big Shot and the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder, I embossed the front of the card. I then used the 2nd largest Lots of Labels Framelits to die cut in the center of the Black Cardstock.
- I nested the 2nd largest Lots of Labels Framelit into the largest Framelit and using the Big Shot, the Magnetic Platform and Silver Glimmer Paper–I cut a frame. Using Tombo, I glued the frame to the front of the card.
- I then took the Whisper White piece and stamped the sentiment in Real Red Stampin’ Ink, sprinkled with Clear Stampin’ Embossing powder and used the Heat Tool. Glue the sentiment extension to the Basic Black Cardstock on the inside right. (It is the 2″ piece.)
I then used Tombo on the two small pieces of Whisper White and I closed the card to set the glue. If you open the card now, you will see how it folds.
- Work on your Basic Black Label. From the Flurry of Wishes stamp set, using the medium snowflake, stamp with Versa Mark and quickly sprinkle on Silver Embossing Powder. Use your Heat Tool to emboss. Fussy cut the velum snowflake.
- Using the double snow flake, stamp with Versa Mark on Whisper White Cardstock and sprinkle with Heat and Stick Powder–go over the snowflakes with the Heat Tool and then sprinkle on Silver Stampin’ Glitter. Heat emboss again to set the glitter. Punch out the snowflakes
- Run a few strips of Snail close to the center of the vellum snowflake and place Silver Cording Trim in a pleasing manner on the back as illustrated in the photo. Be sure it’s close enough to clear when the card is opened. Attach Dimensionals to the back of the vellum and adhere to the card.
- Using Dimensionals, layer the two silver snowflakes to each other and then to the vellum snowflake. Place Rhinestones on the vellum snowflake at the tips and a Metal Rimmed Pearl in the center. Adhere to the Basic Black Lots of Labels frame with dimensionals.
- Close the card and work on the front. Place Tombo glue on the Whisper White Cardstock and adhere the Basic Black Lots of Labels frame.
- Stamp Merry Christmas in Versa Mark on a scrap of Basic Black Cardstock, sprinkle Heat and Stick over it and use your Heat Tool. Quickly sprinkle Silver Stampin’ Glitter over this and then use the Heat Tool again. Fussy cut the sentiment. Squirt a little Tombo glue on your Silicone Craft Sheet and dip the edges of the sentiment in the glue then dip in Silver Stampin’ Glitter and set aside to dry.
- When the front sentiment is dried, adhere with Dimensionals that have been trimmed. Attach 3 Rhinestones to the inside sentiment just above with.
Supplies to follow…