I kept seeing these beautiful cards on the sites that I follow and of course on Pinterest. I decided to try one and I won’t lie, on the first try it was not so good BUT on the second try it worked! Now I want to play around and see what other ideas I can come up with.
- Melon Mambo Cardstock – 1 piece 8-1/2″ x 11″, cut to 9″ x 5″ and keep scrap
- It’s My Party Designer Series Paper – 4 pieces cut 2″ x 2-1/8″ plus 3 pieces of a different DSP cut 2″ x 2-5/8″ and 1 piece 4-7/8″ x 2″ for the back panel.
- Scraps of DSP for balloons.
- Cut Window Sheet 3″ x 1/4″. Cut as many as needed for your pop-ups.
- Scrap Melon Mambo Cardstock – cut 1 piece 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Scrap Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper
- Scrap various It’s My Party DSP for Balloons
- Scrap Whisper White for stamping
- Cut four strips of Whisper White Baker’s Twine
- Using your Simply Scored Scoring Tool – score at 2-1/8″, 4-1/4″, 6-3/8 and 8-1/2″. Turn and score at 2-3/4″.
- Using your Stampin Trimmer, position the Melon Mambo Cardstock on the first score line 2-1/8″ and cut to the 2-3/4″ horizontal score line. Do these for the other score lines. Do not bend back.
- Adhere the four pieces of DSP 2″ x 2-1/8″ squares to the top of the flaps using Snail.
- Adhere on three pieces of DSP sides (not the back) the 2″ x 2-5/8″ using snail.
- Adhere the 4-7/8″ x 2″ piece of DSP to the back. This piece will not bend.
- On the last score at 8-1/2″, cut off one tab and angle the other tab. Add Sticky Strip to the inside of the tab. Form into a box but don’t bend the sides yet.
- Take the 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ piece and score both sides at 1/2″. Cut this piece in half and form in to a Z. Add Tear and Tape Adhesive to Z flaps on opposite sides.
- On the inside of the box, adhere the Z’s by coming down just a little bit, hold and fold both pieces as in 5 a.
- Ink the background stamp Dots for Days with Melon Mambo, take the birthday cake stamp from Party Wishes and stamp on the inked area of the Dots for Days Stamp. Stamp the image on Whisper White and fussy cut. See 5 a.
- Stamp the candles in Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Mint Macaron. Punch out with the candle punch.
- Use the Balloon Bouquet Punch to punch out balloons from DSP.
- Stamp Happy Birthday to you in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White Cardstock. Punch out. Use a sponge dauber to go over the edges with Bermuda Bay. Then use Blushing Bride Ink and a sponge dauber to color in the balloon.
- Stamp Woo Hoo! from Party Pants on to one of the balloons.
- Adhere the cake to the back panel using Dimensionals, add the three candles with folded over glue dots.
- Adhere the candles to the Window Sheet using Glue Dots folded over. Then adhere the Window Sheet to the Z on the inside with Glue Dots. Use your imagination on how you’d like everything placed. BE CAREFUL not to go higher than your tallest piece.
- Adhere Whisper White Baker’s Twine to the back of each balloon using a Glue Dot and place them in a pleasing bunch; I did four and one. Adhere to the Window Sheet with Glue Dots.
- Adhere two sets of three candles to Window Sheets using Glue Dots. Adhere these to the Z with Glue Dots
- Stamp Cake Time using Crushed Curry Ink and punch out with the Scallop Punch. Punch out a Daffodil Delight circle. Adhere the sentiment to the Daffodil circle with Dimensionals. Adhere to Window Sheet with Glue Dots and then to the card.
- Stamp sentiment A Party Without… using Craft White on Melon Mambo. Let dry and punch out with the Label Bracket. Attach to the front flap of the card with Dimensionals and add a Rhinestone.
- When you fold your card with either the flaps up or down, it will fit neatly into a regular envelope.