Thank you for visiting my BLOG today! It’s so cool that all the projects are being highlighted internationally by Kylie Bertucci in Australia. I need you to vote for my project…PLEASE VOTE for MY PROJECT!!! WHY? The top ten winners will get to be part of an international BLOG HOP so PLEASE VOTE for ME!!! You can vote by clicking the link HERE and it takes you to Kylie’s page to vote…for me please!
Our theme for this highlight is encouragement as we all need a kind word said to us to build us up. I used my right brain tonight and came up with this card. I thought this adorable new stamp set called Yummy in My Tummy set the stage for a shaker card love note to let a friend know that I’m here for her. It’s a cute shaker card and my sweet horned monster with a bow in her horns is holding a string of hearts plus her tummy is full of hearts. I think her smiling face could warm the heart of anyone who receives this card. Don’t you? I’m living in California, just outside of San Francisco.
The picture is cute but the card is cuter. Please make sure to head over to Kylie’s BLOG http://www.craftykylie.com/2016/12/kylies-international-blog-highlights.html to vote for my project…please 🙂 I would really love to be chosen to do this International BLOG HOP!!! I would be sooooo excited.
If you’d like to CASE (Copy And Share Everything or Selectively Edit) here is how I made this cutie of a card and ALL of the products will be listed at the end. If you are in the United States, I would love to be your Demonstrator! Email me at email@example.com and I’ll get back to you straight away.
- Take a piece of the Falling in Love Designer Series Paper pictured above and cut 4 x 5-1/4″ for the top mat. Use the die from the Love Notes Framelits and die cut the edge. Pull the heart towards itself so that it will stand out on the card.
- Score a piece of 8-1/2″ piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock at 4-1/4″ (on the 8-1/2″ side) then cut in half at 5-1/2″. You’ll now have two scored cards!
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock 4 x 5-1/4″
- Stamp the monster using Blushing Bride on the falling hearts piece from the Falling in Love DSP. Color in the horns with the Blushing Bride Marker. Add a few dots to the paws.
- Fussy cut around the outside as well as the tummy.
- I cut a strange shaped octagon sort of shape to cover the circle.
- Attach the window sheet to the back of the monster with Multi Purpose Liquid Glue.
- Attach Foam Adhesive Strips to the back of the monster, circle around the center, add pieces to the horns, arms, feet and wherever else you want to securely pop up.
- Punch a 2″ circle of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Punch a piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock and a piece of Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper using the Confetti Hearts Border Punch.
- With the Fine Tip Glue Pen attach a few glimmer hearts, Blushing Bride hearts and sequins to the Very Vanilla circle. (From the Cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment Kit).
- Let the circle dry, place Blushing Bride hearts and sequins in the middle of the circle. Then peel off the foam adhesive backing of the circle and attach the monster to the circle.
- Attach a glimmer heart to the bow with a Glue Dot from the cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment kit.
- Stamp (2) of the four hearts with the pattern on it from the Sealed with Love Stamp Set using Soft Sky. Cut out with the Love Notes Framelits Dies.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Thick Baker’s Twine to fit between the monster’s arms and knot both ends.
- Attach the hearts to the twine using Multi Purpose Glue. Then attach to the monster using rolled up Glue Dots at each paw.
- For backing, I used a piece of a white foam sheet, 3-3/4 x a smudge less than 5″. I find this nifty product an easy way to back a larger area that I want popped up on a card.
- Attach to the Very Vanilla Cardstock with Multi Purpose Glue.
- The sentiment I’m Here For You is stamped in Island Indigo and it’s from the Sending Thoughts Stamp Set. I quickly dipped it in Clear Embossing Powder and used a Heat Tool to set.
- I cut this piece out with the Stitched Shaped Framelit Dies…love it!!!
- Attach the monster to the card by taking off the backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips—love those!
- Attach the bow to the monster with a Glue Dot. I love Wink of Stella so I’ve put a little of that everywhere and even attached a few Rhinestones…love those too!
- Attach the sentiment to the card with Dimensionals.
- Stamp Hugs. Prayers. Love. on the inside piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Stamp the same hearts that were used on the front to the bottom of the Very Vanilla Cardstock piece using Blushing Bride.
Thanks so much for reading through the instructions and visiting my BLOG today. Please make sure to head over to Kylie’s BLOG http://www.craftykylie.com/2016/12/kylies-international-blog-highlights.html and vote for my project…please 🙂 I would really love to be chosen to do this International BLOG HOP!!! Please email me any questions and leave a comment below. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
One other stamp set is Sending Thoughts #142965 — $20.00 This set has the I’m here for you and Hugs.Prayers.Love.