I am an immigrant to California, yes…an immigrant from Cape Breton Nova Scotia Canada. When I was growing up it was April showers bring May flowers but since moving here 19 years ago, the weather is rather different. So, with El Nino bringing lots of rain lately; I decided to do a flower card with these beautiful colors for the Hand Stamped Sentiments #HSS233 Color Challenge. The colors are Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron.
- So Saffron Cardstock – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Very Vanilla Cardstock – 3-3/4″ x 5″ and 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Scraps of Whisper White Glimmer Paper for the flowers.Very Vanilla for stamping flowers on
- Pear Pizzaz scrap for under sentiment
- Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack (SALE-A-BRATION FREE with a $50 purchase)
- Grateful Bunch Stamp Set
- Calypso Coral Ink Pad
- Pear Pizzazz Ink Pad
- So Saffron Ink Pad
- Blossom Bunch Punch
- Wink of Stella – Clear and Gold
- Metallics Glitter Tape (SALE-A-BRATION FREE with a $50 purchase)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (on sale until March 14th)
- Iced Rhinestone Embellishments
- Fold the So Saffron Cardstock in half with a Bone Folder
- Adhere the Pear Pizzaz Cardstock to the So Saffron Cardstock with Snail.
- Stamp the “leaves” with Pear Pizzaz Ink on the Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Practice this first on scrap paper away from your cards. Place the Very Vanilla Cardstock on a piece of scrap paper. Take the Wink of Stella Gold and rest it on your index finger. Take your other hand and tap the Wink of Stella to put gold dots on the cardstock.
- Put a piece of the White Glitter Tape on a Silicone Mat and color it with the Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Marker. Let it dry.
- Stamp two of the large flowers using Calypso Coral Ink Pad. Fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Stamp the trio of flowers using So Saffron Ink Pad and punch out with the Blossom Bunch Punch.
- Highlight ALL flowers with Wink of Stella Clear.
- Stamp the You are Totally Awesome sentiment on the vellum. Dry with your Heat Tool or let it sit to dry. When it is dry, punch out with the Large Oval Punch.
- Punch out a piece of Pear Pizzazz with the Large oval Punch.
- Adhere the Metallics Glitter Tape to the Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Adhere a piece of the Gold 1/8″ Ribbon over the Metallics Glitter Tape.
- Attach the Vellum sentiment to the Pear Pizzazz oval using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. HINT – put small dots of glue on the back of the vellum in inconspicious spots.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card with lots of Dimensionals.
- Adhere the flowers to the card with Domensionals and attach the Rhinestones.
- INSIDE – Stamp the lace at the top and bottom of the Very Vanilla Cardstock with Pear Pizzazz. I stamped off because I wanted a soft look.
- Stamp the leaf using Pear Pizzaz.
- Stamp the trio of flowers using So Saffron and add a little Wink of Stella Clear.
- Stamp the Sentiment using Calypso Coral.