I really wanted to enter Global Design Project #027 and it’s in the last few minutes that I’m getting my card on the GDP site! I had the card made but then I went to pick up my son at the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station. He was at a Latin Convention in Los Angeles…yes, Latin the language. Maybe he’ll go into medicine! Who knows but he’s smart, talented and handsome young man. I finally got it posted and filled in the details later. Just an FYI my son had a fabulous time!
Here’s my entry in the Global Design Project #027 is a themed card with Thank You as the theme. It’s a little different, simple in design but I love it!
- Chocolate Chip Cardstock – 5.5″ x 8.5″
- Gold Foil Sheet – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Chocolate Chip Cardstock Scrap
- Whisper White Cardstock – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Chocolate Chip Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Gold Foil Sheet
- Gold Glitter Tape – FREE as a Sale-A-Bration choice until March 31st with a $50 order
- Perfect Pairings Stamp Set – FREE as a Sale-A-Bration choice until March 31st with a $50 order
- Sunburst Sayings Stamp Set
- Decorate Label Punch
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Metallic Baker’s Twine in Gold
- Gold Satin Ribbon
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Embossing Buddy
- Heat Tool
- Versamark Ink Pad
- Chocolate Chip Ink Pad
- Fold the Chocolate Chip Cardstock in half.
- Attach the SAB Gold Glitter Tape 1-1/4″ from the top of the Gold Foil Sheet.
- Wrap the Gold Metallic Baker’s Twin three times around the Gold Foil Sheet over the Glitter Tape. Knot this at the left side. Leave about 3″ of the Bakers twine.
- Separate the the Baker’s Twine from the gold crinkled piece and cut off the twine and leave the gold.
- Attach the Gold Foil Sheet to the Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I used Fast Fuse.
- Make a bow using the Gold Satin Ribbon and attach using Glue Dots.
- On the scrap piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock, wipe with the Embossing Buddy. Using Versamark ink stamp WOW and and sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder. Repeat for the Thank You and make sure the position is close enough to punch both out together. Heat emboss.
- Punch out this sentiments with the Decorative Label Punch.
- Using a Sponge Dauber and Versamark Ink go over the edges of the label and then dip in Gold Embossing Powder. Heat emboss.
- Attach Rhinestones to the label and then attach the label to the card with Dimensionals.
- Use the Embossing Buddy on the Whisper White Cardstock. Ink the sentiment You’re the Best in Versamark first and then in Chocolate Chip. Stamp on the Whisper White Cardstock, sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder. Flick off extra powder and heat emboss. I love the shiny look!
- Attach to the card with Snail.
SUPPLIES: Remember ONLY UNTIL March 31st are the Sale-A-Bration items available. Click here for my SHOP page and place your order. I would love to be your Demonstrator. If you are close, please come to my studio for a class…email me any questions. email@example.com
Stampin’ Up! Supplies