Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Card & Envelope
I love HALLOWEEN! We live on a court and don’t get many trick-or-treaters but when the kids were young…who am I kidding…up until last year I decorated for HALLOWEEN!!! This is our first year as empty nesters with both kiddos now in college at the University of San Diego and we are still adjusting to our new normal. I haven’t decorated this year but I still have time to change my mind before October 31st.
I’ve created this card to send to my daughter for Halloween and thought I’d also enter it into the #ssswchallenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog. The stamp set I used is a Simon release called “The Boo Crew” and it’s a HUGE!!! I didn’t photograph the inside sentiment but it says “I wish I could hocus pocus you here” and that’s exactly how I feel.
I hope you enjoy this card and everything to make it is listed in the recipe below and you can find most of the ingredients on the Simon Says Stamp site and Lawn Fawn site.
INGREDIENTS plus a Kind of Recipe:
- Neenah 110 lb Solar Crest White for base
- Neenah 80 lb Black Cardstock for layer 1
- Neenah 80 lb Solar Crest White for next layer as well as base for the top layer.
- Concord & 9th Parsley Cardstock for the ground cover
- I used slimline dies to cut my cardstock pieces.
- Simon Says Stamp Cloud Stencil used to blend the sky using Distress Oxides: twisted citron, lucky clover & black soot
- Distress Black Soot used to flick low lights into the sky
- Hillside was deepened with Distress Oxide lucky clover at the top and deepened with a bit of black soot
- Moon was created from a die cut circle using Distress Oxide antique linen, then mustard seed
- Sentiment was stamped with Versamark and then Simon Says Stamp White Embossing Powder
- Copic Markers were used to color ALL of the images…too many to mention!
- Nuvo Drops in Black for the eyes and Glossy Accents in so many places–why? Because I love dimension!
- Simon Says Stamp Slimline Black Envelope
- Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment Ink and Simon Says Stamp Cloud Stencil for the envelope
- Simon Says Stamp BOO Crew stamp set
This Halloween card is fab but I live in the UK so can I purchase the Boo Crew stamps and dies in the uk
Thanks…the set was sold by Simon Says Stamp and I’m not sure if they ship to the UK.