I love BLOGS and especially the ones with videos. Jennifer McGuire is one of my favorite bloggers and the idea for this card came from one of her posts. I presented this card on February 24th at the NorCal Stampin’ Event. If you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in the NorCal area, get on Cathy Williams email list and join us next time.
I’m calling this card Magical, well…partly because that’s the name of the stamp set but these magical critters are jumping off the top of the little card and it’s fun!
I used the Myths & Magic Suite from the Stampin’ Up! 2018 Occasions Catalog with the coordinating die cuts. This is a fabulous suite and the Designer Series Paper that coordinates with this is amazing. Have a look on page 36 and 37 of the catalog.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″ and a scrap piece
- Stamp Set Magical Day
- Basic Black Cardstock scrap
- Memento Black Ink
- Glitter Enamel Dots
- Multi-purpose Tombo Glue
- Pattern Party Decorative Masks – use the brick style
- Shimmery White Embossing Paste
- Palette knives
- Embossing Buddy
- Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Whisper White thick cardstock 5-1/2 x 11″
- Using a pencil and a t-ruler, place a dot at 4-1/4″ and draw a soft line.
- Put the cardstock in a Stamparatus, Misti or large block. Arrange the three stamps with the feet or bottoms just below the pencil line, 1/4″ is the approximate amount. Press the stamps to the stamping tool, check that the bottoms are even and straight.
- Stamp with Memento or another black ink that has the ability to not run when you use Blends, Copics or Watercolor pencils. I prefer to stamp twice so my lines are really dark. Let this dry before you color.
- Erase the lines inside of the images but leave the other lines.
- Remove from the stamping tool and color with your choice of tools. I used Stampin’ Blends. A hint–go from the soldier’s shield to the wizard’s cloke. I let areas dry before I colored the next area so not to bleed the colors.
- After everything is colored, die cut the pieces out using a partial die cut. I did the dragon first. Place the cardstock on a cutting plate, from the top of the card, put the straight edge of the die cut plate on the pencil line. Anything below the line is connected and anything above the line where the cutting plate is will be cut. Next cut the wizard and soldier at the same time.
- Use a trimmer or a ruler and a craft knife to cut between the pieces along the pencil line while leaving the stamped images connected. My preference was to use a t-ruler and a craft knife.
- After the line is cut and the images are free, carefully remove the top piece and use for another card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 5-1/2 x 5″ and score at 2-1/2″. You will have a small card 2-1/2 x 5-1/2″
- Do Option #1 or Option #2 for the bottom of the card. Let dry.
- Put the card front piece in a paper trimmer, with the tallest image on the 4-1/4″ mark, TRIM the bottom piece off so it will fit neatly in an envelope.
- Attach the die cut piece to the small card using Tombo Liquid Glue. Option #2
- Decorate an envelope.
Card Bottom Option #1
- Use the Pattern Party Decorative Mask that looks like a brick wall and sponge with Smoky Slate Ink and a Dauber.
- Stamp the sentiment “Hope your day is magical” using black ink directly on the card front.
- Rub the Embossing Buddy over a scrap of Basic Black Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment using VersaMark and sprinkle with Silver Embossing Powder. Brush off any excess.
- Turn on the Heat Tool to warm up and then emboss the image.
- Die cut Magical with the banner die from the Magical Mates Framelits Dies and attach to the card with Dimensionals.
- Use Wink of Stella to highlight the figures. I used it everywhere!
Card Bottom Option #2 – my personal favorite!!!
- Use the Pattern Party Decorative Mask that looks like a brick wall.
- On a silicone mat or small plastic jar, mix the White or Shimmery White Embossing Paste with a few drops of Smoky Slate Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill.
- Put the mask over the card and on a silicone mat tape the mask down. Then move the paste gently over the mask with a Palette Knife or popcycle stick.
- Lift carefully and let dry.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock using Memento Black or another color, fussy cut the “hope your day is magical to make a small banner.
- Follow the directions from 3-6 in Option #1 and then #12 above.
Decorate an envelope and mail this adorable card!!!
If you don’t have a Demonstrator, of course I would love to be yours! If you’d like to join Stampin’ Up and get a great discount on ALL products, let’s chat. There’s a spot for you on my team and I’d love to have you on board. During Sale-A-Bration there’s a big draw to join because you get two, yes TWO, extra FREE stamp sets from the annual catalog PLUS you only pay $99 for $125 in merchandise. Let’s chat!