So Valentine’s Day is February 14th and I sent lots of Valentine’s early…why? Because I missed sending out Christmas cards due to illness, nothing too serious but hubby and I ended up with the flu. Teenagers ran out of the house so not to catch it from us, thank goodness for puppies to keep me company.
Here’s a quick and simple box to house a candle. I purchased mine at Dollar Tree before Christmas and the straws from Amazon…they’re just cut in half. I’m also featuring a quick and simple card using only one stamp and one ink pad…fabulous! The catch is that the featured stamp is only available during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 purchase.
On to the little box…
Easy measurements for this cute little box
- One 8-1/2 x 11.5″ piece of cardstock and cut at 5 x 8-1/2″–you’ll get two little boxes.
- Score on the long side at 1/2″, 3-1/2″, 4-1/2″ and 7-1/2″
- Score on the short side at 1″ and 4″
- Look at the photo, cut along score lines on the long sides to the 1″ line.
- Trim the tiny rectangle corner pieces off.
- Trim into the small tabs in the middle to make it less bulky to fold.
- Die cut a circle to fit your candle.
- I used Tear & Tape to hold my box together. Look at the photos to place your tape and place on both sides. Assemble the box.
- Cut four pieces of Designer Series Paper — 1″ x 3″ and adhere to the box.
The cute tag is made using the circle cut from the box, adding a Whisper White circle plus a bit of stamping. The “Thanks a Latte” and the beans are from the Coffee Cafe Stamp Set. Sorry to say that the Perk Up stamp is retired but the label is adorable reconfigured with the Thanks a Latte in the middle with the beans stamped around it. Stamp the beans in Chocolate Chip first, stamp and punch out the sentiment using the framelit dies from the set. If you don’t have the dies, just fussy cut the oval.
The card uses the gorgeous photo realistic stamp set called Heartfelt Blooms. This stamp set can be your choice of free merchandise during Sale-A-Bration when you make a $50 dollar purchase. Head on over to my store to shop!
- Cut Whisper White Thick Cardstock 4-1/4 x 11″ card which was scored at 5-1/2″ to give me two top folding cards.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4 as a mat to stamp the images.
- Using the Misti, I set my stamp in the middle and inked the stamp with Real Red Ink. Move the piece of cardstock around to get various angles of the stamp, reinking between each placement. You do not have to move the stamp, just move the piece of cardstock. I made 60 mats!
- Clean off the flower stamp and again using the Misti, attach a sentiment of your choice. I used celebrate for Valentine’s Day but celebrate could also be used for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Stamp this using black ink. I stamped multiple times to get a really dark black image. This could also be embossed in black but I was going for simple.
- Use craft foam cut a piece just a little smaller than your mat, attach with Tombo Glue or your favorite adhesive. I felt this was a perfect way to ensure that the piece would stay popped up.
- I used a red sharpie to color the rhinestones to match the card. They are a perfect finish to a simple card.
- Stamp a sentiment on the inside and remember to decorate your envelope!
I put my candle holder in an organza bag that I purchased off of Amazon. I hope that you enjoyed this quick card and candle holder. If you don’t have a Demonstrator, I would sure love to be yours. If you loved this or have any questions…leave a comment below. Thanks and see you soon!!!
Supplies used in these projects – click on one to go shopping!
Sale-A-Bration items for you to pick from with a $50 purchase…