I love BLOG Hops! As a Demonstrator, it’s great to get lots of new ideas to share and we are a community of CASEing — which means Copy And Share Everything OR Copy And Selectively Edit. Either one works so hop along with these fabulous Demonstrators connected together by Janet Wakeland through her training center which you can find HERE.
This Blog Hop is aptly called Out With the Old and In With the New. Since 2017 is just a few days away I decided to make a New Year’s Card. There’s a few items from the Holiday Catalog (last day to order is January 3/17), the Occasions Catalog (January 4/17–May 31/17) and of course the big book Annual Catalog (June 1/16–May 31/17).
So Happy New Year 2017….wow!!! Let’s get started on how this card was created. I came up with this idea in my sleep or lack of sleep and I went to work on it this morning. The base is Thick Whisper White Cardstock. The next layer is Whisper White Cardstock and the overlay is the gorgeous Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate sheets. I kind of forgot about those and they are in the Annual Catalog on page 175, give it a second look…I did! I cut the sheet to 5-1/4 x 4″, it’s the same size as the Whisper White mat.
This photo has a closeup of the numbers. I put them in my Misti but they are easily placed correctly by lining them up on grid paper and placing a large block over them. These are stamped on Whisper White Cardstock with VersaMark, sprinkled with Real Red Glitter Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set. Happy dance, this is not discontinued and is a carryover into 2017. Valentine’s Day is coming and it will be perfect!!!! Adhere the acetate with Multipurpose glue at the bottom where the New edgelit will cover the area.
Cut the Gold Glimmer Paper a little less than 5-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ (exact). Die cut by placing the die 3/4″ from the bottom. I did this so that I would have a nice placement for the sentiment.
Another closeup and this die is from the NEW Occasions Catalog, it’s a cool design called Star Blast Edgelits Dies. Love it so much. It can be flat on a card and standing up on a box…wow! I’ve popped this one up with Foam Adhesive Strips under the main section and one under the largest spot near the big star. Punch out a label from Real Red Glimmer Paper with the Classic Label Punch. Stamp the sentiment Celebrate with VersaMark on Whisper White and sprinkle with Real Red Glitter Stampin’ Emboss Powder, heat set. I punch the sentiment out with the Classic Label Punch, then trimmed the ends with Paper Snips to match the label. Adhere with cut in half Dimensionals.
So the dilemma came about on how to adhere the top of the acetate to the cardstock. I hole punched two tiny holes in the upper left and upper right corners of the acetate and also through the Whisper White cardstock. Then I threaded the Gold Baker’s Twine, from the retiring Baker’s Twine Trio Pack, through the front, across the back and tied a bow in the front. Be sure to knot the ends of your long threads before you trim them. I used one of the stars from the edgelet leftovers. Use everything!
Here’s the bow on the other side and I used a Glue Dot to secure the star in place. Cute right?
I needed a Happy New Year sentiment and since I didn’t own any from the Holiday Catalog, I searched through my many stamps, yes…I have lots and I found this adorable one from Teeny Tiny Wishes that had never been used. Oops, my bad. It is adorable as are all of the other stamps in that set, guess I’ll be using it a wee bit more in 2017. Gosh, can’t believe 2017 will be here in a few days.
If you don’t have a Demonstrator, I would love to be yours. Drop me an email at ca@fabric-paper-scissors, sign up for my newsletter and watch how-to videos on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/CaroleAnnePatterson
That’s it…my post is almost finished and I am including all the names from the wonderful BLOGS that you will be visiting on this Hop. I’ve listed the supplies used at the very bottom of this post.
Hop on in and visit the wonderful Anne Hunt by clicking. click here for the next BLOG
If you didn’t get enough of Jayme Ziemer’s post go to the Previous Blog Here
1. Janet Wakeland – http://remarkablycreated.com
2. Deborah Smart – http://www.stampandcreate.net
3. Libby Dyson – http://libbystampz.com/
4. Narelle Fasulo – http://www.simplystampingwithnarelle.com
5. Jayme Ziemer – http://www.closetstampin.com
6. YOU ARE HERE WITH ME — Carole Anne Patterson California USA
7. Anne Hunt –http://www.colourfulcards.ca
8. Fiona Stanton – http://www.fis-papercrafts.stampinup.net
9. Claudia Ausborn – http://www.stempelundpapier.wordpress.com
10. Marti Crapo – http://www.stampandinkwithmarti.com
11. Nicole Flournoy – http://www.inkyfingersstamping.com
12. Susan Timchack – http://www.susan-stampinsue.blogspot.com
13. Megan Herst – http://www.joyfulstampin.wordpress.com
14. Katarina Ewa – http://www.svgandstampinup.blogspot.com
15. Jessie Holton – http://www.jessieholton.com
16. Katrina Wolfe – http://www.snsfromtheheart.blogspot.com
17. Mary Jo Price-Williams – http://technostamper.blogspot.com
18. Deena Pavinato – http://www.deenapavinato.com
19. Sherri Price — http://www.tinkerandozstamp.com
20. Jen Tribue – http://www.stamptastical.com
Supplies Used for this card: